- I experience fewer distractions while praying (my mind is more easily focused).
- "Time flies" when I am praying (but with a richness and depth that doesn't happen when "time flies" as I'm having fun)
- I have a yearning to pray, especially in solitude, and something in my day seems amiss when I don't take the time to pray regularly.
- A habit to pray is formed.
- I constantly seek the will of God in everything I do.
- I no longer have a fear of praying with others nor am I embarrased to pray in public (e.g. grace before meals at a restaurant, making the sign of the cross when passing a church, etc.).
- When confronted with a difficult situation, my first inclination is to ask for God's help
- My prayer becomes more bold, with a filial trust.
- I persevere in prayer, even though I may not want to, or am frustrated, or am tired.
- I willingly set up a prayer space in my home and invite my family to use this space as often as they choose
- My actions become more Christ-like and my behavior more Christ-centered in my day to day activities
- I recall God's Word much more readily
- I begin to see God's children as He sees them and love them because He loves them
- I can't wait to go to Mass
- I crave time in front of the Blessed Sacrament
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Posted by Gretchen Sarrazolla at 5:45 PM
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Here are a few of my very favorites:
- Rubber baby buggy bumpers.
- Toy boat.
- She sells sea shells on the sea shore.
- Butterfly flutterby.
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
- Any three- or four-syllable words I try to speak late at night (midnight and beyond) after taking a benadryl and drinking a full cup of Lipton tea.
Posted by Gretchen Sarrazolla at 11:59 PM
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Got this message from God today: 1 Maccabees 2:51-64
Love this part:
Love this part:
"And so observe, from generation to generation, that none who put their trust in him will lack strength. Do not fear the words of a sinner, for his splendor will turn into dung and worms. Today he will be exalted, but tomorrow he will not be found, beause he has returned to the dust, and his plans will perish. My children, be courageous and grow strong in the law, for by it you will gain honor."
Posted by Gretchen Sarrazolla at 4:42 PM